Le Fournil de Rémus
Le Fournil de Rémus is a recently renovated sturdy stone farmhouse with a living area of 130sq.m.. it is independent and offer full privacy. The house can sleep up to 7 adults. An old baker's oven is adjacent to the house, and also an old well (protected by locked door). A terrace and private pool can be found in front of the house. One unique aspect of Le Fournil is that one of the rooms is accessed separately from the rest of the house; it has its own bathroom and dry finnish sauna. In addition, the house offers a direct access to a vast 30,000sq.m. (7.5-acre) private park including two fishing ponds.
Who was Rémus?
Rémus is the son of Louise, the great grandmother of the current owner. He was born in 1895 in La Ferme. Still a teenager, he settles in Le Fournil where he also has his workshop. But the Great War breaks out... In 1914, at 19, he leaves for the Eastern Front. He comes back, wounded, with the War Cross. He again settles in Le Fournil, and stays there until his marriage in 1923. From then on, he will own an agricultural supplies business in Issigeac, where he will die in 1962.
Access to the house is via a locked gate reserved for house guests. A locked, private car park for several cars is available on the premises.
The house has an inverter-type air conditioning (can heat or cool).
The house comprises :
- A large living-room with fireplace and TV
- A fully equipped fitted kitchen with gas stove and electric oven, fridge, dishwasher, extractor hood, washing machine, microwave oven, electric coffee-maker, dishes, kitchen utensils
- Three bedrooms: two queen-size beds, one double bed, one single bed. One of the rooms has an access separate from the rest of the house; it has its own bathroom and finnish sauna.
- Two bathrooms with showers and toilets (one with sauna).
- Large openings onto terrace and swimming-pool.
- A pool reserved to the exclusive use of Le Fournil guests : 8 by 4 metres plus stairs, min. depth 0.80 metre, max. depth 2.20 metres, protected by an Aquapremium pool alarm compliant with French norm NF P 90-307. It is open in season.
- Finnish sauna, reserved to guests use, fully equipped, for 4 people
- Air conditioning
- Free wifi
- Terraces with parasol, outdoor furniture, barbecue.
The Cavarcou park
The private Parc de Cavarcou is 30.000sq.m. (7.5-acre) wide. Its gently sloping wooded terrain surrounds La Ferme de Louise and Le Fournil de Rémus and includes two fishing ponds. The park is made of varied biotopes where you can have a leisurely walk or jogging, play or picnic on the grass, all this without having to leave the property on days when you prefer to stay home!
Where is the house?
Exclusive-use 8x4m private pool
Private/locked car park